Baked Citrus Swordfish
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 6 swordfish steaks *
- Citrus Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 large onion; finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ground red chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Ancho chile; seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 Cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- * You can use swordfish or salmon steaks but each should be about 1-inch thick and weigh about 5 ounces each.
- Prepare Citrus Barbecue Sauce (instructions below) and set aside.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place fish steaks in an ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13 X 9 X 2-inches.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce over the fish.
- Bake, uncovered, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with remaining Citrus Barbecue Sauce.
- CITRUS BARBECUE SAUCE
Cook onion, ground red chiles, red pepper and ancho chile in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe yields 2 1/3 cups sauce and 6 servings of Swordfish.