Chicken breasts, a little soy sauce, some sliced pears – Baked Chicken Breasts with Pears may sound too plain, but wait until you taste it! These aren’t just any pears; they’re first poached in fragrant brandy, then tossed with the meat and pan juices to make a memorable meal.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves; (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Cup pear Brandy or apple juice
- 2 medium firm-ripe pears
- parsley sprigs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lime wedges
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; then arrange, skinned side up, in a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Drizzle evenly with soy sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree oven, basting occasionally, until meat in thickest part is no longer pink; cut to test (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place cornstarch in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan; smoothly stir in brandy.
- Peel and core pears, then cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Add pears to pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, mixing gently. Then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until pears are tender when pierced (about 5 minutes).
- When chicken is done, add pear mixture to baking pan; gently shake pan to mix pears and chicken. Transfer chicken, pears, and sauce to a platter and garnish with parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper; offer lime wedges to squeeze over individual servings.
There's nothing as satisfying as Roasted Lemon Chicken for a grand family dinner. Simple, delicious ...
These holiday treats are also made for Christmastime and look like snowballs. No matter what holiday...
These glorious sandwiches are the kind of healthful, flavor rich food that is perfect for lunch or p...
Warm and comforting in cold weather, Cream of Mushroom Soup is delightfully earthy, with flavors enh...