An American classic, Baked Buffalo Wings makes a wonderful appetizer, served in individual portions or made in large batches for a passed hors d’oeuvre.
Baked Buffalo Wings
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 Cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 30 chicken drumettes
- paprika; for sprinkling
- celery sticks; for accompaniment
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- freshly ground pepper; to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Mix together butter, hot-pepper sauce, and vinegar. Dip chicken into mixture, then place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake until crisp and brown (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with celery sticks and Roquefort Dressing.
- Makes 30 drumettes.
- Mix Roquefort, sour cream, and mayonnaise together. Season with pepper.
- Makes about 1-1/4 cups.
The original recipe of this popular hors d'oeuvre is the specialty of a bar in Buffalo, New York. That version is deep-fried, but in this healthier rendition the chicken is baked. Serve hot from the oven with celery sticks and Roquefort Dressing. You can prepare the dressing with low-fat sour cream and mayonnaise if you prefer.