Baked Brie with Cranberry Relish is the perfect appetizer for entertaining the in‐laws during the cooler months while you slave away in the kitchen prepping the perfect meal. It will impress your finicky mother‐in‐law and make your father‐in‐law jealous of his son’s perfect spouse. A winner, all around, and easy to make, though it looks like a chef did it.
- 1 bag (12 ounce) fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 Cup sugar
- finely grated zest and juice from 1 large orange
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3 ounce package), thawed but chilled
- 1 wheel Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter), top rind sliced off
- Bring cranberries, sugar, and orange juice to a full simmer in a medium skillet or a 5‐to 6‐quart Dutch oven. Simmer for 1 minute. Cover, turn off heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in orange zest, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate.
- Adjust oven rack to lower‐middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface along the fold lines to 12 inches long. Cut out two 6‐inch rounds. Lay one pastry round on a baking sheet and set cheese wheel on it, cut side up. Top with remaining puff pastry and crimp around perimeter of cheese to seal.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes and serve, letting each person slice a wedge of the pastry encased cheese and top with cranberry relish.
This goes very well when topped with a warm fig chutney in place of the cranberry relish. It may also be served without either fruit relish quite successfully.
Avocado Egg Roll with Spicy Duck Sauce is a delicious appetizer recipe that's incredibly appealing a...
Mrs. Branca was a beloved neighbor of our Publisher, and an outstanding cook and homemaker. Often, s...
Sfogliatelle are extraordinary pastries are found in every Italian bakery from Alaska to Zambia. A f...
Chicken Tortilla Casserole is a wonderful dish perfect for young couples to enjoy. Simple to make, ...