Baked Brie in A Bread Bowl
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf (1 pound)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1/2 pound firm Brie cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 dash Cayenne pepper
- With a sharp knife, cut a 'lid' from the top of the bread. Carefully remove insides, leaving a 1-inch crust.
- In a small bowl, mix butter with garlic. (Time-saving tip: Microwave butter and garlic together until butter melts.) Brush the garlic butter inside the loaf.
- Slice brie into cubes and place the cheese inside the loaf. Sprinkle with thyme, marjoram and cayenne pepper. Top the loaf with the reserved bread lid.
- Set the brie-filled loaf on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees, until cheese is melted and loaf is crusty, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve a salad while the bread is in the oven. Serve the bread hot on a large wooden cutting board set in the center of the table. Break off pieces and dip into the melted cheese.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.