Bailey's Chocolate-Chip Cheesecake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 2/3 Cups sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Cup Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup chocolate morsels, semi-sweet
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee, instant powder
- chocolate shavings
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat a 9 inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray. Combine crumbs and sugar in pan. Stir in butter.
- Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Bake until light brown, usually about 7 minutes. Maintain oven temperature at 325 degrees F.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth with and electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar, then eggs one at a time, then Bailey's and finally the vanilla.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over crust. Spoon in filling. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake until cake is puffed, springy in the center and golden brown, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in refrigerator.
- For Cream: Beat cream, sugar and coffee powder until peaks form. Spread mixture over cooled cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.