A traditional, favorite Italian dip of simple construction but complex, wonderful flavor. Served hot, the deep garlic flavor enhances everything dipped into it, offering exciting taste sensations.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped or mashed
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat the oil and butter together in an earthenware pot over hot water or in a double boiler.
- In another pan cook the garlic in a bit of the oil until it is soft.
- Add the anchovy fillets, and cook until the fish dissolves into a paste, about 5 minutes.
- Add all to the pan of hot oil and butter.
- Serve hot with a selection of raw and cooked vegetables and bread for dipping.
Perfect for party or picnic, Chicken, Strawberry and Spinach Salad is a tasty, refreshing and fillin...
Stunning in appearance and in flavor, this cold pairing of soups offers divine pleasure for the pala...
No matter how you try, there always seems to be some leftover turkey. Fruit and Turkey Salad with C...
Autumn is a time for soups and stews and this enticing creation evokes all the best flavors of the s...