Bacon-Wrapped Little Loaves makes a wonderful luncheon or main course. Serve with Au Gratin Potatoes or a superb green vegetable side for a perfect meal. Pictured below are asparagus and carrots supported by fried onion rings and mashed potatoes. Simple, flavorful and comforting – a perfect meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg; large
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped, 1 small
- 1/4 Cup green bell pepper; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon; instant
- 6 thin slices of bacon, cut in 1/2
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese; shredded, 4 ounces
- 1/4 Cup bread crumbs; dry
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon, together. Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf, tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place the loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with accompanying vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy..
Simple, delicious, easy to prepare, colorful and full of flavor, you cannot go wrong making Grilled ...
The gloriously rich flavor and sultry texture of this penultimate chocolate brownie make it the most...
Under the spreading chestnut tree, the village smithy's wife cooked up a batch of delicious Braised ...
Capellini di Mare per Due, or Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood for Two is a bounteous gift from the sea...