Bacon-Wrapped Little Loaves makes a wonderful luncheon or main course. Serve with Au Gratin Potatoes or a superb green vegetable side for a perfect meal. Pictured below are asparagus and carrots supported by fried onion rings and mashed potatoes. Simple, flavorful and comforting – a perfect meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg; large
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped, 1 small
- 1/4 Cup green bell pepper; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon; instant
- 6 thin slices of bacon, cut in 1/2
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese; shredded, 4 ounces
- 1/4 Cup bread crumbs; dry
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon, together. Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf, tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place the loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with accompanying vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy..
An interesting side dish, Okra Braised with Tomatoes has roots in French and African cuisine, with s...
If you enjoy coffee, you'll adore our Café au Lait Crème Brûlée recipe. The simple preparation is e...
The sweet and salty flavor of crabmeat blends perfectly with the smooth, sultry flavor of avocado fo...
There's nothing better than a delectable, crunchy Apple and Walnut Chicken Salad, served in a sandwi...