Bacon-Wrapped Little Loaves makes a wonderful luncheon or main course. Serve with Au Gratin Potatoes or a superb green vegetable side for a perfect meal. Pictured below are asparagus and carrots supported by fried onion rings and mashed potatoes. Simple, flavorful and comforting – a perfect meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg; large
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped, 1 small
- 1/4 Cup green bell pepper; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon; instant
- 6 thin slices of bacon, cut in 1/2
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese; shredded, 4 ounces
- 1/4 Cup bread crumbs; dry
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the bacon, together. Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf, tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place the loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with accompanying vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy..
Fried Chicken is an American standard, and one of the country's most commercially sold foods. Homema...
Trimlestown Roast Sirloin is an amazing, magnificent, simple and flavor-rich meat dish suitable for ...
Chestnut Purée is an incredible rich spread that is best used on cookies or when making other desser...
Fortune Cookies are actually an American invention, not Chinese, though still a favorite end-of-mea...