These delicious microwaved sandwiches make a great brunch or economical dinner that’s fast and easy to prepare.
Bacon, Cheese, and Tomato Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
Serves: 3 sandwiches
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 slices rye bread, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed or fresh chives
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled, sliced
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- Place bacon on microwave rack in glass dish. Cover loosely and microwave until crisp, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Spread toast with mayonnaise; sprinkle with dill or chives.
- Place toast slices on serving plate; top with tomato and cheese slices.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over top.
- Microwave uncovered on high (100%) until cheese begins to melt, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add sliced egg, garnish with fresh chives, if desired.