The wonderful taste of a Bacon Butty in the morning can’t be beaten. Add scrambled egg, cheese, sausage, tomato or a variety of other things to create your own favorite!
- 2 to 4 slices of thick sliced back bacon per person
- 2 slices of hearty white bread, per person, at least 1/2 inch thick, or
- 1 sandwich roll
- HP Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Cook the bacon under a preheated oven grill for five minutes at about 240C/475F - turning half way through the cooking time. Keep it far from the flame to prevent fires.
- Cook until slightly crispy, but not completely crispy or too dry. You can also fry the bacon, but do not allow it to become brown.
- You may toast the bread, if desired or just butter the two slices of bread and place the grilled or fried bacon inside the two slices of bread to make a sandwich.
- Add the sauces to taste.
This sandwich is also called a "bacon sarnie" in the UK, and a "pigwich" in Australia. The closest American cousin is the "BLT" or Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.
Spicy Lamb Samosas can be very spicy indeed, but brighten the palate with every exciting bite. Keep ...
Simple, easy preparation makes Amaretto Cream Filled Cake (Zuccotto Ripieno) an intoxicating delight...
Limerick Ham has a sweet, aromatic glaze that will double as a sauce if you like. An absolutely deli...
Vegetarian Harira delivers incredible flavor, luscious textures and an absolutely delicious soup exp...