The wonderful taste of a Bacon Butty in the morning can’t be beaten. Add scrambled egg, cheese, sausage, tomato or a variety of other things to create your own favorite!
- 2 to 4 slices of thick sliced back bacon per person
- 2 slices of hearty white bread, per person, at least 1/2 inch thick, or
- 1 sandwich roll
- HP Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Cook the bacon under a preheated oven grill for five minutes at about 240C/475F - turning half way through the cooking time. Keep it far from the flame to prevent fires.
- Cook until slightly crispy, but not completely crispy or too dry. You can also fry the bacon, but do not allow it to become brown.
- You may toast the bread, if desired or just butter the two slices of bread and place the grilled or fried bacon inside the two slices of bread to make a sandwich.
- Add the sauces to taste.
This sandwich is also called a "bacon sarnie" in the UK, and a "pigwich" in Australia. The closest American cousin is the "BLT" or Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.