The wonderful taste of a Bacon Butty in the morning can’t be beaten. Add scrambled egg, cheese, sausage, tomato or a variety of other things to create your own favorite!
- 2 to 4 slices of thick sliced back bacon per person
- 2 slices of hearty white bread, per person, at least 1/2 inch thick, or
- 1 sandwich roll
- HP Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Cook the bacon under a preheated oven grill for five minutes at about 240C/475F - turning half way through the cooking time. Keep it far from the flame to prevent fires.
- Cook until slightly crispy, but not completely crispy or too dry. You can also fry the bacon, but do not allow it to become brown.
- You may toast the bread, if desired or just butter the two slices of bread and place the grilled or fried bacon inside the two slices of bread to make a sandwich.
- Add the sauces to taste.
This sandwich is also called a "bacon sarnie" in the UK, and a "pigwich" in Australia. The closest American cousin is the "BLT" or Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.
A simply delightful, traditional gravy that is easy to prepare and full of rich turkey flavor. Ideal...
Rooted in old Cornish cuisine, Jamaican Patties are spicy, meat-filled pies rich in flavor and histo...
The incredible flavors of Petite Boules are only believable with your first bite, and of course ever...
Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies are packed with delightful flavors. Cinnamon and cloves pair w...