Simple, rich and exceptionally flavored, Baby Carrots and Onions in Cream goes so well with roasts as well as many seafood dishes. Carrots and onions pair well together, and cream sauce is just the ticket.
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound small white onions or pearl
- 5 fluid ounces light cream
- Kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Wash and trim carrots. Peel onions.
- Place in pot with 1/2 inch boiling salted water. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and boil rapidly, shaking pot to prevent burning, until water is absorbed.
- Stir in cream and add pepper and salt to taste, if necessary.
- Serve with a very light sprinkling of nutmeg.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates