A chocolate brownie is a flat, baked square or bar developed in the United States at the end of the 19th century and popularized in both the U.S. and Canada during the first half of the 20th century. Award Winner Brownie recipe is packed with richness, and a deep, rich, nutty flavor everyone will enjoy. Superb with ice cream.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup butter; melted
- 3/4 Cup chocolate; ground
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup walnuts; chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a spoon, stir eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter.
- Sift ground chocolate with flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture; add nuts.
- Spread into greased 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes.
- For extra chewy brownies, use 8-inch pan and less baking time. For cake like brownies use 9-inch pan and longer baking.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm or cooled to room temperature.
Classic German gingerbread is made for the Christmas holidays, and often made and decorated in holid...
Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Smoked Duck Breast and Pistachios makes an alluring, enticing appetize...
Chocolate Fudge Brownies are exquisite, luscious morsels of rich, chocolate cake with an incredible ...
Positively simple, without sugars, Winesap Apple Turnovers are delightful treats that may be served ...