Avocado Shrimp Salad is a flexible recipe that may be served as either an appetizer, main course or a salad. The subtle flavors are enhanced by lemon, herbs and spices. Simply delicious eating!
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 4 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and chilled., reserved for garnish
- 1/3 Cup red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 mandarin oranges, 3 juiced, 2 peeled and segmented*
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Cups baby greens
- In a glass bowl, add shrimp, onion, jalapeño, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon, mandarin segments and juices, and cumin. Gently mix and refrigerate for one hour.
- Just before serving, dice and gently stir in the avocado, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Toss greens with 1 tablespoon olive oil, place onto plates, and top with shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and one cookede shrimp.
The sweet and salty flavor of crabmeat blends perfectly with the smooth, sultry flavor of avocado fo...
Jamaican Turkey Burgers are spicy, delicious and enticing sandwiches, perfect for luncheon or dinner...
Fall Fruit Cake with Apples and Currants may seem unusual, but so too is the wonderful, rich flavor ...
Carolina Lump Crab Salad is a delectable, luscious and complex blending of flavors that combined, ma...