Avocado Shrimp Salad is a flexible recipe that may be served as either an appetizer, main course or a salad. The subtle flavors are enhanced by lemon, herbs and spices. Simply delicious eating!
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 4 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and chilled., reserved for garnish
- 1/3 Cup red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 mandarin oranges, 3 juiced, 2 peeled and segmented*
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Cups baby greens
- In a glass bowl, add shrimp, onion, jalapeño, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon, mandarin segments and juices, and cumin. Gently mix and refrigerate for one hour.
- Just before serving, dice and gently stir in the avocado, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Toss greens with 1 tablespoon olive oil, place onto plates, and top with shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and one cookede shrimp.
Paired with Sherry and ginger, miso adds a distinct and wonderful flavor to this simply prepared Gri...
Stunning in appearance and in flavor, this cold pairing of soups offers divine pleasure for the pala...
Chocolate en Leche is a tasty Hot Chocolate with milk, made using the traditional molinillo; a woode...
A simple bread, similar to a traditional Irish Soda Bread, Aran Spiosrai is delicious with sweet, cr...