This delicious aspic is truly delicious. We loved making it and eating it was a real pleasure.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 1 Cup sieved avocado
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 1 pimiento, minced
- 1 1/2 Cups shrimp, cooked and shelled
- Soften gelatin in cold water, add boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Add avocado, seasonings and pimiento. Chill until mixture begins to thicken, then add shrimps. Turn into cold wet mold, chill until firm, and unmold on lettuce.
From "Watkins Salad Book" by Elaine Allen.