The lusciousness of Avocado Scallop Ceviche makes it an exceptional appetizer for small parties. The flavors blend perfectly to entice the palate and enhance the meal.
- 1 pound sea scallops, cleaned
- 3/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 Cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 Cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 Cup clam juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 avocados, diced (1 pound)
- cilantro sprigs, as needed for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- Clean and quarter scallops. Cover scallops with lemon juice; marinate until firm and opaque, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix red onion and remaining ingredients, except avocados.
- When scallops are ready, drain, reserving lemon juice. Fold scallops and avocado into ketchup mixture. Stir in some of the reserved lemon juice to taste. Chill to marry flavors.
- For each portion, put 2/3 cup ceviche in martini glass or other stemmed glass. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and a half-slice of lime.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake is a heaven-sent dessert of outrageously delicious flavor. It ...
An astoundingly delicious dish, suitable as an appetizer or a main course for luncheon or brunch, Ar...
Cobb Salad, created at Hollywood's famed Brown Derby, quickly became a favorite among movie stars an...
These delightful pears may be used in several ways. Warm, they make great side dishes with holiday t...