The lusciousness of Avocado Scallop Ceviche makes it an exceptional appetizer for small parties. The flavors blend perfectly to entice the palate and enhance the meal.
- 1 pound sea scallops, cleaned
- 3/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 Cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 Cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 Cup clam juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 avocados, diced (1 pound)
- cilantro sprigs, as needed for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- Clean and quarter scallops. Cover scallops with lemon juice; marinate until firm and opaque, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix red onion and remaining ingredients, except avocados.
- When scallops are ready, drain, reserving lemon juice. Fold scallops and avocado into ketchup mixture. Stir in some of the reserved lemon juice to taste. Chill to marry flavors.
- For each portion, put 2/3 cup ceviche in martini glass or other stemmed glass. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and a half-slice of lime.
You'll love the delicate flavors in Pad Thai with Shrimp, and the sweet and sour taste sensations it...
The earthy flavor of Cepe Consommé, particularly enhanced with Madeira, provides a rich, comfortable...
The flavors of Gazpacho Macaroni Salad complement its colorful composition, yielding a tasty treat t...
Toad in the hole is a traditional English dish comprising sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter, usua...