Tasty, refreshing and very healthy for you, Avocado Papaya Salad is a tropical treat with a sultry, seductive flavor.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 3 avocados
- 3 small papayas
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/2 Cup honey mustard dressing; recipe included
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced almonds
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 2/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salad: Peel and slice the papayas and avocados.
- Dip or sprinkle with lemon juice. Arrange on lettuce-lined salad plates. Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle with nuts.
- Honey Mustard Dressing: Blend vegetable oil, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, honey and mustard.
- Keep in a closed, sterilized jar.
Serve with a small mound of baby (popcorn) poached shrimp (not fried) for a unique summer seafood salad.