Avocado, Mint and Pancetta Bruschetta
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 4 1/4 ounces Italian diced pancetta
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped mint, plus leaves to garnish
- 2 Tablespoons Pecorino Romano, grated
- ciabatta, cut into 8 thin diagonal slices
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Dry-fry the pancetta in a hot non-stick pan for 5 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Put the avocado in a bowl. Season with black pepper, then mix in the lemon juice, mint, pecorino and pancetta.
- Toast the ciabatta, then rub 1 side of each slice with the garlic. Spoon over the avocado mix and garnish with a few mint leaves.
For an alternative topping, mix together roasted red peppers, chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, fresh basil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Perfect before a delicious meal of pasta, lasagna or fine rustic food like Chicken Cacciatore.