Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 100 grams strong Cheddar cheese; grated
- olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado; peeled and sliced
- 4 slices crusty bread; toasted
- 1 large red pepper; halved, seeded, - grilled
- Lay the avocado and pepper slices over the toasted bread. Drizzle over a little olive oil, scatter with cheese and grill for 30 seconds. Serve at once.
- Toddler pepper melt: as above, except cut the toast thinly. Cook the pepper in a little water, mash with the avocado and spread on the toast. Sprinkle with a little cheese (but no olive oil) and grill before cutting into fingers.