Avocado and Tarragon Rillettes on Garlic Croutes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1/2 lemon; juice of
- freshly ground rock salt and black
- 1 short baguette
- 1 Tablespoon virgin olive oil
- paprika; to garnish.
- 1 ripe; firm avocado
- 2 shallots; finely chopped
- 1 small bunch tarragon; chopped
- 1 small bunch chives; sliced finely
- 1 Tablespoon fromage frais (substitute cream cheese if not available)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/410F/gas 7.
- Slice the baguette into thin vertical slices. Lay on a baking tray and brush on a little olive oil over each one. Sprinkle with freshly ground rock salt and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the croutes are golden brown and crisp.
- Peel and chop the avocado into a rough but small dice size. Take a large mixing bowl and mix all of the remaining ingredients together. with a fork, place a little of the avocado rillette on each of the croutes.
To garnish, place a little fromage frais on top with a sprinkle of paprika.