Our Publisher’s aunt, Mary Salamone was a great cook of traditional Southern Italian fare. Here is Aunt Mary Sal’s Clam Sauce her wonderful, outstanding, simple and delicious recipe that is sure to please.
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic; pressed
- 2 cans chopped or minced clams (6 1/2 ounce; with juice)
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 ounce)
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- 1/4 Cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or linguine
- Bring water to a boil to cook the spaghetti.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet. Lightly saute garlic. Add parsley, chopped or minced clams, juice from clams, wine and bottled clam juice to skillet.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Drain and rinse spaghetti to remove starchy taste. Mix with sauce. Portion into four bowls.
- Add more cheese and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with garlic bread and cooked zucchini, if desired. Enjoy.
A perfectly delicious Autumnal soup that is one of our favorites. We love the rich, seasonal flavors...
An adaptation of the historic recipe, Senate Bean Soup has been a staple in the U.S. Senate dining r...
Hot Sandwiches (Emparedados Calientes) are a Spanish treasure. Ideal for Tapas, lunch or dinner. T...
For an aromatic, intoxicating treat, try our recipe for Irish Whiskey Truffles. Every bite a treasur...