Our Publisher’s aunt, Mary Salamone was a great cook of traditional Southern Italian fare. Here is Aunt Mary Sal’s Clam Sauce her wonderful, outstanding, simple and delicious recipe that is sure to please.
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic; pressed
- 2 cans chopped or minced clams (6 1/2 ounce; with juice)
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 ounce)
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- 1/4 Cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or linguine
- Bring water to a boil to cook the spaghetti.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet. Lightly saute garlic. Add parsley, chopped or minced clams, juice from clams, wine and bottled clam juice to skillet.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Drain and rinse spaghetti to remove starchy taste. Mix with sauce. Portion into four bowls.
- Add more cheese and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with garlic bread and cooked zucchini, if desired. Enjoy.
A simply wonderful beef casserole that gets much of its flavor from the extraordinary pairing of sto...
This truly simple recipe produces outstanding results every time, with perfect rice to accompany all...
Sauteed Foie Gras aux Cerises is an exciting appetizer of incredible flavor. Perfect anytime of year...
The flavors of Matzo Ball Soup are of Biblical proportion, and this recipe yields a heaven-sent resu...