Our Publisher’s aunt, Mary Salamone was a great cook of traditional Southern Italian fare. Here is Aunt Mary Sal’s Clam Sauce her wonderful, outstanding, simple and delicious recipe that is sure to please.
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic; pressed
- 2 cans chopped or minced clams (6 1/2 ounce; with juice)
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 ounce)
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- 1/4 Cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or linguine
- Bring water to a boil to cook the spaghetti.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet. Lightly saute garlic. Add parsley, chopped or minced clams, juice from clams, wine and bottled clam juice to skillet.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Drain and rinse spaghetti to remove starchy taste. Mix with sauce. Portion into four bowls.
- Add more cheese and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with garlic bread and cooked zucchini, if desired. Enjoy.
The taste of Olde and New England is evident in every bite of our tasty Pear, Cranberry and Horserad...
Baked Beans are an ideal thing to barbecue. Slow cooking does them a world of good, and brings you a...
Pasta e Fagioli is pasta filled soup is pronounced "pasta fajool" by most Italians. No matter how yo...
This Carrot Cake recipe is intended to produce a number of cakes or, if preferred, make different pa...