Asparagus with Toasted Pine Nuts and Lemon Vinaigrette
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 pound asparagus, fresh spears
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried whole
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried whole
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place spears in a steaming rack over boiling water; cover and steam 4-5 minutes or until spears are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Saute pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes, until browned. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk to blend.
- Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Pour over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Let stand to room temperature before serving.