Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears *
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 Cup skim-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, cut in wedges
- * or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus.
- Cook fresh asparagus spears in a small amount of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or till crisp-tender; drain.
- Reserve at least 6 spears for garnish; cut remaining asparagus into 1" pieces. Or, cook frozen asparagus according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat eggs till foamy. Beat in ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Coat a 10" ovenproof skillet with olive oil.
- Cook mushrooms over medium heat till just tender. Stir in asparagus pieces.
- Pour egg mixture over mushrooms and asparagus (if using fresh asparagus, arrange the reserved spears on top.) Add the tomatoes, making sure they're covered with the egg mixture.
- Cook mixture over low heat about 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles slightly and begins to set around edges.
- Bake the frittata, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven about 10 minutes or till set.
Per serving this recipe also provides 463 mg potassium.
Serving size: per serving Calories: 183 Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Sodium: 375 mg Protein: 18 g Cholesterol: 416 mg