The pairing of apricots with ostrich creates an exceptional result that’s simply delicious in our Asian Ostrich Kebabs recipe.
Asian Ostrich Kebabs
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Wild Game
- 1 pound ostrich steak, 1" thick; cut into 1" cubes
- soft, dried apricots
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger root
- 2 large cloves garlic; minced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar; to 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lightly-toasted sesame seeds
- hot steamed rice
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, minced ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, white pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Add ostrich cubes, toss well, and marinate 45 minutes.
- Thread on skewers, alternating with apricots and broil or grill, turning several times, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush remaining marinade on skewers as they cook.
- Do not overcook.
- Serve with freshly-steamed rice.