Arugula Salad is ideal as a light, refreshing salad, or paired with grilled meats or fish, but its best role is to enhance Chicken or Veal Milanese.
This salad is ideally suited to accompany Chicken or Veal Milanese.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 8 ounces baby arugula
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
To make the vinaigrette:
- Zest the lemon and reserve the zest in a medium bowl.
- Microwave the lemon for 30 seconds to get more juice from it. Cut and squeeze it with a lemon reamer.
- Add to the bowl with the lemon zest, the lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Toss together the arugula and vinaigrette just before serving. Add the Parmesan
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
If making this salad as an accompaniment for Chicken or Veal Milanese, make another portion of the dressing to serve as a sauce for the cutlet.