A simple recipe, Arugula Salad with Orange Zest Vinaigrette is exceptionally tasty, with flavors reminiscent of Winter and Summer and the eternal hope of Spring. Perfect any time of year.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- coarse salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 Cups stemmed arugula leaves; rinsed, crisped
- Mix oil, zest, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, orange juice and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. (Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Let vinaigrette come to room temperature before using.)
- To serve, pour vinaigrette over arugula. Toss.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving, salad only: 84 calories; 86 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0 fiber.
Try this with thinly sliced Bermuda, Vidalia or red onions and peeled, thinly sliced orange or skinless, membraneless orange wedges for a really innovative taste combination (as shown in the photo).
Romantic, cute and seductive, Loving Chocolate Cupcakes are adorable and make the perfect treat for ...
Strawberries Cardinal is an elegant dessert, simple to make and a delight for your guests. Patience ...
The medieval game pie in this recipe was and remains a wonderful, economical and delicious treat. St...
Elegant in its simplicity and superior in taste, Baked Salmon with Fennel and Lemon is bound to plea...