A simple recipe, Arugula Salad with Orange Zest Vinaigrette is exceptionally tasty, with flavors reminiscent of Winter and Summer and the eternal hope of Spring. Perfect any time of year.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- coarse salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 Cups stemmed arugula leaves; rinsed, crisped
- Mix oil, zest, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, orange juice and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. (Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Let vinaigrette come to room temperature before using.)
- To serve, pour vinaigrette over arugula. Toss.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving, salad only: 84 calories; 86 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0 fiber.
Try this with thinly sliced Bermuda, Vidalia or red onions and peeled, thinly sliced orange or skinless, membraneless orange wedges for a really innovative taste combination (as shown in the photo).
Lemon Cream Pie is a refreshing, cooling recipe that is a crowd-pleaser, particularly on hot summer ...
Bulgogi is the one of the most popular dishes in Korea, and one which Westerners find very pleasing....
Zeppoli are a favorite at Italian street fairs. These light, sweet dough fritters are deep fried wit...
Tuscan Primavera Pie offers a surprise vista of springtime vegetables in a modified Shepherd's Pie m...