An astoundingly delicious dish, suitable as an appetizer or a main course for luncheon or brunch, Artichoke with Preserved Lemon Beurre Blanc is not easy, but worth any effort. Your guests will be amazed and delighted.
- 6 artichokes, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Cup vinegar
- 1/2 Cup oil, divided
- 1 Cup white wine
- 1/2 Cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup preserved lemon rind slices, soaked to remove excess salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 pound unsalted butter, cut into cubes, chilled
- Cut off top 1/4 of the artichokes. Fill a large pot 3/4 full with warm water. Add garlic, vinegar, 1/4 Cup oil and artichokes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 45 minutes.
- Turn artichokes upside down on paper towels until drained and cold. When cold, pull out center leaves, spoon out core.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add some of the remaining oil to the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the artichokes in the pan and drizzle any remaining oil over them, gently.
- Roast for 15 minutes to crisp the leaves.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Beurre Blanc.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring wine, vinegar and shallot to a boil. Lower the heat, simmer until the liquid has reduced to 4 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and lemon, reduce the mixture by half.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and gradually whisk in cubes of butter. Continue until 2 or 3 cubes remain. Remove from heat, whisk in the last few cubes, and continue to whisk for a moment more.
- Season with salt, strain. Add the thyme leaves and stir gently.
- Serve right away or keep warm in a bain marie.
- The sauce may be served in small ramekin along side the artichoke.
Trifles are really year-round delights and should be made often. Black Forest Trifle is full of rich...
Our simple recipe for Mashed Potatoes is just wonderful. You can make them creamy or rough ...
Sauerbraten is an incredibly flavorful German main course. The dish is a simply braised marinated ro...
Blond Brownies are an American classic and pair perfectly with ice cream, custards or simply a glass...