Artichoke Heart Filled with Crab and Shrimp
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces Tomato Concasse
- 290 milliliter clear stock; (1/2 pint)
- juice 1/2 lemon
- curly endive lettuce and dressing
- salt and pepper
- 4 large artichoke hearts; cooked
- 110 gram crab meat; (4 ounces)
- 225 gram shrimps; (8 ounces)
- 225 gram clarified butter; (8 ounces)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon; chopped
- Put the artichoke hearts on the stove to reheat. Sweat the crab meat and shrimps together in some butter.
- For the sauce: Beat the egg yolks over water with the lemon juice. Slowly add the clarified butter. Season and add the chopped tarragon.
- Bind the crab meat and shrimp with 1 tbsp of the sauce.
- Drain off the hearts, fill with the mixture. Coat the filled artickhoke hearts with sauce. Dress the curly endive with tomato concasse and olive oil and salt and pepper.
To serve, put some salad on a plate, balance a heart on top, pour the sauce over and around.