Absolutely wonderful, Artichoke and Bacon Frittata combines the delicious flavors of bacon and artichokes with the subtle taste of eggs. Served like a a pie, it goes well with Hash Browns or a wild rice blend. Great for brunch.
- 1 small onion; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts (6 ounces; drained, chopped, liquid from one jar reserved)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 Cup bread crumbs
- 6 slices bacon; cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- paprika; for color
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until transparent; add artichokes and liquid from one jar. Heat for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs; add cheese, bread crumbs, artichoke mixture, and bacon. Mix together and place in a greased 9-inch quiche pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until set. Sprinkle frittata with jack cheese, if desired, and bake for 5 more minutes.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 190 Calories; 14g Fat (64.5% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 209mg Cholesterol; 331mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Absolutely delicious by any measure, English Cheddar and Vegetable Medley Soup is perfect for a full...
Spicy Moroccan Carrots is a wonderful side dish. In Morocco, it would be served along side a Tagine ...
Sauteed spinach adds a perfect partner to classic Eggs Benedict Florentine. Great for breakfast, bru...
Beef Wellington is named for the Duke, who defeated Napoleon at Waterloo. It is a perfect recipe for...