Spicy, rich, refined, aromatic and completely delightful, Arroz Verde is an ideal Mexican side dish that pairs perfectly with fish or fowl.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 onion; diced
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup minced parsley
- 2 Cups long-grain white rice
- 4 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 green onions; minced
- 1/2 Cup minced cilantro
- 3 1/2 ounces diced green chiles (1 small can)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until softened and translucent (3 to 4 minutes).
- Stir in parsley, rice, chicken stock, and salt. Cover and simmer over low heat until all liquid is absorbed (18 to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions, cilantro, and diced green chiles.
- Serve warm.
Tone down the heat in this rice dish by omitting the diced green chiles.