Aromatic Striped Bass
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 1/2 pounds striped bass; whole, cleaned
- 1/2 leek; cut in long strips
- 1/2 Cup sliced anise bulb
- 2 carrots; sliced
- 4 white potatoes; cut in 3/4" pieces
- 2 large Shiitake mushrooms (plus their soaking water if dried)
- few sprigs of parsley
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin (Japanese)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- 1/3 Cup water
- salt, to taste
- Rub the fish with salt, and lay some of the leek strips inside it, as well as a few sprigs of parsley.
- Put the carrots on the botom of the clay pot, then the fish, surrounded by the anise, leeks, and mushrooms, and put the potatoes on top.
- Mix together the white wine, mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil and water, and pour over the potatoes.
- Cover the clay pot, and place it in a cold oven.
- Bake at 450 degrees.
- After 30 minutes, check if the fish is ready.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Recipe Source: The New England Surfcaster