Armenian Eggplant Casserole is a brilliant, simple side dish that’s easily made. Serve it with roasts or other casseroles.
Armenian Eggplant Casserole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 tomatoes, plum
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- sour cream (optional sauce)
- Pare and dice the eggplant.
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion, green pepper, and eggplant.
- Stir over low heat until eggplant is soft. Add tomatoes (may substitute canned Italian solid pear shape, drained), salt, and pepper. Simmer a few minutes.
- At this point you can add basil, chives, parsley, tarragon or oregano to taste. Turn into casserole dish and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Casserole may be served hot or cold, with sour cream.