Apple Tart with Hazelnut Brown Sugar Topping has a delicate nature, but a hearty flavor and makes an extraordinary dessert anytime. Try it with a small portion of ice cream. Marvelous!
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter; softened, and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup coarsely-chopped hazelnuts
- 3 Cups thinly-sliced tart apples
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg; room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk; room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make The Topping: In a medium-size bowl, mix together the flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the hazelnuts and, using your hands, toss until all the ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Make The Filling: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently until the fruit is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Make The Crust: In a large bowl, on the low speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and egg yolk, and mix well. Add the flour and baking powder, and beat until just combined.
- Gather the dough into a ball and on a lightly floured surface, roll it out to fit a 10-inch tart pan. Fit the dough into the pan and trim the edge flush with the rim of the pan.
- Transfer the fruit filling into the crust and sprinkle the brown sugar topping evenly over the fruit.
- Place the tart on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe yields one 10-inch tart.
Exchanges: 14 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 28 1/2 Fat; 6 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Try serving this with warm apple cider, mulled cider or a delicious sweet wine.
Sweet and tangy Spiced Peaches pair perfectly with roast meats or game, giving a vivacious flavor wi...
This aromatic, sweet and flavorful focaccia is simply wonderful, eaten on its own or cut into small ...
Scallop Ceviche with Citrus Vinaigrette and Avocado packs volumes of powerful flavor into every bite...
A glorious vegetarian hash, even if served with a sunny-side-up or poached egg. Simply wonderful, ri...