Apple Tart with Hazelnut Brown Sugar Topping has a delicate nature, but a hearty flavor and makes an extraordinary dessert anytime. Try it with a small portion of ice cream. Marvelous!
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter; softened, and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup coarsely-chopped hazelnuts
- 3 Cups thinly-sliced tart apples
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg; room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk; room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make The Topping: In a medium-size bowl, mix together the flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the hazelnuts and, using your hands, toss until all the ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Make The Filling: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently until the fruit is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Make The Crust: In a large bowl, on the low speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and egg yolk, and mix well. Add the flour and baking powder, and beat until just combined.
- Gather the dough into a ball and on a lightly floured surface, roll it out to fit a 10-inch tart pan. Fit the dough into the pan and trim the edge flush with the rim of the pan.
- Transfer the fruit filling into the crust and sprinkle the brown sugar topping evenly over the fruit.
- Place the tart on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe yields one 10-inch tart.
Exchanges: 14 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 28 1/2 Fat; 6 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Try serving this with warm apple cider, mulled cider or a delicious sweet wine.
Use radish roses as a garnish for platters of cold cuts, pate, cheeses, vegetables or other foods. F...
Big Boy Double Decker Hamburger is an American chain restaurant classic. It is tender, moist, and ri...
Beef with Black Bean Sauce with Red Pepper and Noodles may seem wordy, but the title belies an excep...
There's nothing as delightful as Pecan Rugelach as an after-dinner treat with a soothing cup of tea ...