A simple, elegant and utterly delicious side dish, Apple-spiked Acorn Squash soon becomes a family favorite for the Autumn or Winter meal. Not over sweetened, it has a comfortable apple flavor complemented by herbs. Simply wonderful.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 pint apple juice, fresh
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut acorn squash into 8 equal wedges. Remove seeds with pairing knife and smooth surfaces.
- Place squash with skin on in ovenproof baking dish. Pour liquids over wedges.
- Dot randomly with butter. Sprinkle with spices and seasonings.
- Cover with foil.
- Braise at 350 degrees F until fork tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Allow squash to rest in liquid.
- Serve hot.
- Squash can also be stored in liquid for more flavor.
Nonna LaRuffa's Pignolata's aromatic, crunchy nuggets melt in the mouth. This delectable dessert is ...
Tomato Florentine Soup is a simple, tasty, and alluring dish that pleases the palate and brings a de...
There's nothing as delightful as Pecan Rugelach as an after-dinner treat with a soothing cup of tea ...
Incredible! Chilled Cream of Stone Fruit Soup was inspired by a dessert soup recently created by Jul...