Apple Salad and Tofu-Honey Cinnamon Dressing
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 2 Granny Smith apples; sliced
- 2 Gala apples; sliced
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Cup water
- 3 celery stalks; sliced diagonally
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits (1 can) drained
- 1/3 Cup walnuts; coarsely chopped
- fresh greens; for serving
- mint sprigs
- 1 Cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 Cup soft Silken tofu
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place sliced apples in mixture of lemon juice and water. Add more water if needed to cover apples. At serving time, drain liquid from apples.
- Combine apples, celery, pineapple, and nuts.
- For the dressing: Combine yogurt, tofu, honey, and cinnamon in a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill.
- Combine apple mixture with dressing and toss gently. Serve on a bed of fresh greens. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Content per Serving: calories .. 114 protein .. 4.0 g total fat .. 3.0 g carbohydrates .. 14 g sodium .. 44 mg cholesterol .. 2 mg