Fresh chutney has vivid flavors, each enhanced by the others. Apple is brightened by the chile, which is given aromatic qualities by marjoram and mellowed by the pine nuts. Wonderful, but use it quickly.
Apple Chutney may be used with chicken, fish, pork or game meats, or served on crackers, toast or Naan bread. Simply a superb flavor that entices the palate for more delights to come.
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored; and coarsely chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies (or hydrated dried chilies), seeded
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup cider vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/2 Cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- To prepare the chutney, place apples and chilies in a heavy saucepan with sugar, vinegar, garlic and water.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in marjoram and add pine nuts. Allow to cool, then refrigerate. Use within a few days.
Delicious Brownies live up to the standard their name implies. Every bite a chocolaty taste sensatio...
Cumin-Spiced Roast Chicken with Currant-Fegato Sauce, Toasted Almonds and Chives is one glorious dis...
Chipotle Mayo is growing in popularity as a mildly spicy compliment to burgers, sandwiches and as a ...
Simply wonderful, Pan-Roasted Winter Vegetables come to life with herbs and Marsala. An ideal side d...