Apple Raisin Snack Bars
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Bar Cookies
Serves: 18 bars
- 1 1/2 Cups old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup chopped apple
- 1/3 Cup raisins
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (175 deg C). Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and eggs, mixing until well blended. pour over baked crust.
- Top with remaining ingredients; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.