Apple Pie (Crostata di Mele)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 Foolproof Tart Dough (see Recipe or use favorite recipe)
- 6 medium cooking apples; pared and
- 1 sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Prepare Foolproof Tart Dough.
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Toss together apples and lemon juice.
- Roll three-forths of the dough into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Ease dough into ungreased 9x1 1/4-inch pie plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- Turn apples into pie plate and sprinkle with sugar.
- Roll remaining dough into 11x5-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 11 strips, 1/2-inch wide.
- Arrange strips in lattice pattern on apples.
- Fold edge of lower crust over ends of strips. Seal and flute.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.