Apple Pie Caramel Almond
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- Milk Filling:
- 5 medium tart apples; peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 Tablespoons white -or- brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- lemon juice Caramel almond topping
- 1/4 Cup butter; soft
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces almonds; sliced
- sour cream
- In small bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt. With fork, beat together salad oil and milk. Stir oil mix into flour mix to make a soft dough.
- Press dough into 9" pie plate or 10" shallow au-gratin dish. Press edges to make sides about 1" high in gratin dish; make sides come to top of pie plate.
- Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- While crust bakes, prepare apples. Mix with sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Turn into baked pie shell.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon and almonds. Boil 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour over apples in pan to coat evenly.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until caramel topping is golden and bubbly.
- Cool before serving.
- Excellent served with sour cream, or may serve with lightly sweetned whipped cream.