Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Jams and Jellies
Serves: 4 Cups
- 2 Cups water
- 6 ounces frozen apple juice; thawed
- 1 3/4 ounce powdered fruit pectin; 1 package
- 3 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1 red pepper; crushed, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring
- Stir the water, apple juice concentrate and pectin in a 3-quart saucepan, until the pectin is dissolved.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and red pepper then heat to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and strain.
- Add the red food color.
- Immediately pour into hot sterilized jars or glasses or freezer containers. Cover tightly and cool. Refrigerate no longer than 4 weeks or freeze no longer than 2 months.
- Serve with meat.
- Makes 4 half pints of jelly.
- GRAPE JELLY: Substitute 1 can (6 oz) of frozen grape juice concentrate for the apple juice concentrate. Omit the red pepper and food color.
- TANGERINE JELLY: Substitute 1 can (6 oz) frozen tangerine juice concentrate for the apple juice concentrate. Omit red pepper and food color.