Luscious, crunch, sweet and richly flavored, Apple Pecan Dressing may be served from a casserole or the bird. We preferred it outside because it is great as leftovers. Perfect whether your holiday is Southern, Northern, Eastern or Western. The flavors are globally great.
- 2 medium onions; diced
- 1 large green pepper; diced
- 4 cooking apples; diced
- 8 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 Tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound butter (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 bunches scallions; diced
- 6 celery stalks; diced
- 2 Cups pecan pieces
- turkey giblets, boiled, and diced
- 2 Tablespoons oregano, dried; or fresh oregano
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Cups chicken stock
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot. Add the onions, scallions, green pepper, (Some hot chili, or Jalapeno, or Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Peppers too, if you are adventurous), celery, apples, pecans, garlic, turkey giblets, and all the spices and seasonings, and saute in the butter, (or butter, if you prefer) until the onions are translucent, and the smell is driving you crazy.
- Add then, the stuffing mix, turn down the heat, and stir until it is well mixed, taking care not to let the bottom burn.
- Add the chicken stock, until you have the right texture and consistency. As soon as it is added, turn the fire off, and set the dressing to cool, before stuffing the turkey.
- Stuffs a 20 pound turkey.
When a cookie is good enough for a Scottish millionaire, it must be a very fine cookie indeed. This ...
The flavor and texture of Caramel Brittle make it a wonderful confection. Sweet, crunchy and unique...
Easter Ham with Peach Glaze is a delectable way to serve an extraordinary meal for the holiday, with...
Standing Tall Prime Rib is a gloriously flavorful roast beef that pairs well with traditional side d...