Apple Mincemeat Pie is a perfect pairing of two holiday favorites, Apple and Mincemeat in a superb and glorious sugar-free pie. A seasonal treasure.
Apple Mincemeat Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 9 inch unbaked refrigerated pie crust
- 8 small tart apples; cored and chopped; (4 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 package sugar free lemon jello; (4 servings)
- 1 package sugar free vanilla cook and serve pudding, (4 serving mix)
- 1 Tablespoon apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar twin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl combine apples and raisins. In large pan combine apple juice, dry jello, pudding mix, spices, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat about 1 minute. Add apple and raisin mixture.
- Cook about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Place pie crust in 8 inch pie plate. With sharp knife, carefully cut crust off even with edge to plate rim. Save scraps. Flute edge.
- Pour apple mixture into crust. Garnish top with pie crust scraps made into cute shapes!
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes.