Roasted with apples, marinated with fresh apple juice and white wine, Apple Marinated Pork Roast is a delicious dish will bring a smile to everyone’s face with every bite.. Serve the apples as a side dish. This is a great recipe for Christmas, Boxing or New Year’s Day or other winter season holidays.
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 1/3 Cup fresh apple juice
- 1 small onion; sliced thin rings
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme; crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 to 6 large apples, such as Granny Smith, depending on size
- 3 pounds pork center rib roast
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pork roast and apples.
- Place pork roast in a plastic roasting bag; set in shallow baking pan. Pour marinade over pork and close bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place roast, rib-side down, in shallow roasting pan. Pour reserved marinade over roast.
- Insert meat thermometer so tip does not touch bone.
- Roast meat, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes, then lower the oven to 325 degrees and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees. Baste roast with marinade once or twice during cooking.
- Peel and core the apples, cut in large chunks and add to the roasting pan about half way through the roasting time (1 1/2 hours after starting to roast).
- To serve, transfer to a heated serving platter and slice, serving roasted apples with the pork.
A simple bread, similar to a traditional Irish Soda Bread, Aran Spiosrai is delicious with sweet, cr...
Cantaloupe Sorbet has an alluring, mystical, almost ethereal quality about it, and a flavor that sim...
Grape Salad is simple, delicious and a complete meal that's good for you. It is easy to make and c...
A Loaded Corned Beef Sandwich is as glorious a way to use leftover Corned Beef as there may possibly...