Roasted with apples, marinated with fresh apple juice and white wine, Apple Marinated Pork Roast is a delicious dish will bring a smile to everyone’s face with every bite.. Serve the apples as a side dish. This is a great recipe for Christmas, Boxing or New Year’s Day or other winter season holidays.
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 1/3 Cup fresh apple juice
- 1 small onion; sliced thin rings
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme; crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 to 6 large apples, such as Granny Smith, depending on size
- 3 pounds pork center rib roast
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pork roast and apples.
- Place pork roast in a plastic roasting bag; set in shallow baking pan. Pour marinade over pork and close bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place roast, rib-side down, in shallow roasting pan. Pour reserved marinade over roast.
- Insert meat thermometer so tip does not touch bone.
- Roast meat, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes, then lower the oven to 325 degrees and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees. Baste roast with marinade once or twice during cooking.
- Peel and core the apples, cut in large chunks and add to the roasting pan about half way through the roasting time (1 1/2 hours after starting to roast).
- To serve, transfer to a heated serving platter and slice, serving roasted apples with the pork.
Tomatensalat is a German version of Tomato Salad, ideally paired with casseroles or roasts. Tomatoes...
Cheeseburgers with an Attitude may seem arrogant, but if exceptional flavor, enticing taste and supe...
Sashimi with Three Sauces is one to treasure and easy to prepare. Use the freshest fish possible. Se...
Chopped Liver is a classic Jewish appetizer served as a spread on Melba Toast, bread or crackers; as...