Apple Maple Jam
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Jams and Jellies
Serves: 8 Cups
- 3 Quarts finely chopped apples (about 6 pounds)
- 6 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pot. Bring slowly to a boil.
- Cook rapidly to jellying point.
- As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust caps.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Yield: about 8 half pints.