Apple-Ginger Pork Chops is an original Epicurus.com recipe of exceptional flavor and texture. Cooked correctly, the pork should remain moist, tender and delicious. The sauce adds great flavor.
- 1 1/2 Cups apple juice (preferably fresh)
- 1 apple (Fuji, preferred or Granny Smith), peeled, cored and diced small
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 4 center cut pork chops, about 4 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 apple (Fuji, preferred or Granny Smith), peeled, cored and sliced
- Combine 1 cup apple juice, apple, ginger root and garlic.
- Put the chops in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour liquid over pork chops; marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours, turning once after 1 hour.
- Grill pork chops until slightly browned. Reserve marinade.
- Place 4 grilled chops in a roasting pans. Pour marinade evenly over chops in each pan.
- Cover, bake at 375 degrees F 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. Hold chops hot, separately, while preparing side dishes; baste frequently with 1/4 cup apple juice, warmed.
- Add 2 tablespoons apple juice to a bowl and add cornstarch, making a slurry. Pour the slurry into the marinade, bring to a boil, stirring frequently to ensure no lumps. Add apple slices, stir, reduce to simmer and cover. Adjust thickness with water or remaining apple juice.
- Use cooked marinade as a sauce. Spoon sliced apples over pork chops. Serve hot.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or polenta.
The pairing of flavors in our Prosciutto Sandwich is absolutely incredible, making it a delicious tr...
Sweet French Toast is a simple, easy to make preparation perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a com...
Haselnusstorte is a delicious cake, made with filberts or hazelnuts, and perfect for holiday celebra...
The roasting of tomatoes caramelizes the natural sugars in the fruit in Chilled Roast Tomato Soup, e...