Outrageously delicious, Apple-Ginger Crumble is best served warm, and optionally with ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce. Simply wonderful.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 1/4 pounds Granny Smith or other tart apples; cored and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 Cup gingersnap cookies; crushed
- 2/3 Cup rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup butter; softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice. Place in a round or oval 9- or 10-inch glass baking dish.
- Cut remaining ingredients together with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Microwave at 100% power until fruit is tender (7 to 9 minutes); give dish a half turn once and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Serve warm.
- Goes very well with vanilla, dulce de leche or caramel ice cream and/or caramel sauce.
Variation: Three to four pears may be substituted for apples.