This wonderful filling may be used in strudel, pies, cakes, pastries, breads or other baked goods. It is rich, sweet, crunchy and delicious.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Fillings
Serves: 5 Cups
- 1 1/2 pounds tart green apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Cup coarsely ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup sugar
- In a large bowl combine apples, raisins, and lemon zest; toss to mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Top dough with nut mixture and then with apple mixture.
Yield: 5 cups.