Apple Crunch Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
- 6 juicy sour apples
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 pound sweet butter
- Cinnamon Ice Cream:
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (heaping)
- 1 Quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 Tablespoon red-hot cinnamon candy (optional)
- PIE: Pare, core and slice apples, and put in pie plate.
- Mix flour and brown sugar, then add butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over apples and bake at 350 deg. for about 30 min. or until apples are done.
- Serve warm with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
- CINNAMON ICE CREAM: Whip the cream, add sugar and cinnamon. Soften ice cream; add cinnamon mixture and whip.
- If desired, add cinnamon candy.