This low calorie, low fat version of the classic Popover is flavored perfectly for breakfast, or to be served with roast pork or ham. Outrageously good!
Apple Cinnamon Popovers
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 1 Cup egg beaters, egg substitute
- 3/4 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup apple sauce
- 1/3 Cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons low-cal butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Melt and cool the butter.
- Preheat oven to 425 deg F. Spray four popover pans (10 oz. Size) with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients well. Pour 1/4 of the batter into each cup. Set cup on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Using a knife, cut a slit in the top of each popover to let out steam.
- Bake for five minutes more.
- Serve with butter or jam.
Each serving = 178 calories, 4 g fat, 25 g carbohydrates. Fat percent per serving = 20 %.