An outstanding recipe that’s quite simple to make, yet absolutely delicious. The plum brandy adds a special flavor not found in other Apple Charlotte recipes. Simply great cooking! Serve with a rich clotted (sour) cream made with a hint of plum brandy.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 Cups grated apples
- 1/3 Cup Matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 Tablespoon Slivovitz (Plum Brandy)
- 3 egg whites; stiffly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons ground pecans
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and salt until thick and lemon colored. Stir in the apples, matzo meal, lemon rind and slivovitz. Fold in the egg whites.
- Turn into a greased 8-inch spring form pan. Sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 35 minutes or until brown and firm.
- Cool before removing sides of pan.
Strawberry Panna Cotta is one of those simply perfect desserts you just have to make at some point i...
If you learn the simple process of making Ice Cream Custard Base, any flavor ice cream is possible, ...
Here's Venetian White Bean Soup with Pasta and Beef Sausage, a version of pasta e fagioli that calls...
These Greek confections, Diples, are often served for New Year's, weddings or other celebrations.