An outstanding recipe that’s quite simple to make, yet absolutely delicious. The plum brandy adds a special flavor not found in other Apple Charlotte recipes. Simply great cooking! Serve with a rich clotted (sour) cream made with a hint of plum brandy.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 Cups grated apples
- 1/3 Cup Matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 Tablespoon Slivovitz (Plum Brandy)
- 3 egg whites; stiffly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons ground pecans
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and salt until thick and lemon colored. Stir in the apples, matzo meal, lemon rind and slivovitz. Fold in the egg whites.
- Turn into a greased 8-inch spring form pan. Sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 35 minutes or until brown and firm.
- Cool before removing sides of pan.
Veal Chili with Beans is a superb way to warm the heart and soul with impeccable flavor. Ideal for w...
Originated by Ina Pinkney at her restaurant, Heavenly Hots are delicious sour cream-based pancakes t...
Nacho Potato Soup is a simple, easy recipe that's full of flavor and a joy for young and old. Its c...
An interesting side dish, Okra Braised with Tomatoes has roots in French and African cuisine, with s...