For a refreshing Autumnal salad, try Apple, Celery and Almond Salad with Manchego; Apple Cider Vinaigrette. The taste is crunchy, tangy and crisp with a hint of sweetness. If you absolutely must, you can add chicken or leftover turkey.
- 1 Cup apple cider
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 apples, thinly sliced on mandoline
- 3 ribs celery, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Marcona almonds
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
- 1 Tablespoon chives, minced
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Boil cider and 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar to reduce until mixture is thick and syrupy; cool and set aside.
- Mix remaining vinegar with shallot, vinegar, oil, tarragon, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Toss together apples, celery, almonds and chives. Add dressing to taste; mix lightly. Plate and top with cheese then drizzle with reduced cider.
Beef Satays are an easy, economical and very handy recipe for parties and small events. Also handy ...
The dark glossy dome of Baked Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce is flamed with Brandy Sauce and ca...
A glorious Spinach and Noodle Savory Kugel made with egg noodles with rich, earthy flavors. A superb...
Simple, easy and outstanding, there's nothing quite as delightful as grilled corn on the cob.